It’s time to head back to school, and kids can get more use out of their favorite tennis gear as they head into the classrooms. These five items were handpicked by our 11-year-old model as what to wear this school year.
1. Nike Boy’s Fall Net Short: Let’s start with the basic short he chose to wear with all his tops. Having one go-to short means fewer style decisions to make on rushed mornings.
2. Nike Boy’s Fall JDI Swoosh T-Shirt: Tees are easy and can easily be worn to tennis practice after school.
3. Athletic DNA Boy’s Spring Match Chaos Crew: This performance crew makes a statement. No one is going to miss this shirt going down the hallway.
4. ATP World Tour Youth Logo Hoodie: For cooler days, this hooded sweatshirt is warm and comfy.
5. Nike Vapor Max Air Backpack: A school necessity, the backpack will carry everything they need and more.
Prints are in for men when it comes to shorts this season. Notable pros to step out in printed shorts at the start of this season include Roger Federer and Juan Martin Del Potro. Here are my top five printed men’s tennis shorts.
Plaid shorts have been around the courts for ages. Everyone has done them, Nike, adidas, Fila, the list goes on. But no one has done it better than newcomer to the tennis scene Travis Mathew. Looking at the Curtis Short from a distance, you’d think this is a casual cotton short. Up close, you realize that this is a performance stretch woven short.
We tennis players are a good lookin’ bunch! Our sport of choice would certainly win the “best dressed” award when put up against the competition. Our Tennis Warehouse playtesters have picked their favorite racquets, shoes, and strings of 2013, and now we’re looking at clothing. So without further ado, here are our favorite apparel pieces and brands for the year.
In late 2013, we introduced a new men’s brand called Travis Mathew. It outfitted James Blake in the latter years of his career. After retiring, Andy Roddick also signed on as an ambassador as well as an investor. It’s all about great style and feel for this Southern California-based brand. Count Jason and our own Andy Gerst as fans.
Jason: “I’m a classy guy and this is a classy brand. ‘Nuff said.” (Editor’s note: Plus he’s the biggest James Blake fan of all time!)
Andy: “It looks awesome, and it feels even better than it looks! The apparel pieces have a ‘classed-up California surfer vibe’ going on, which, growing up in a Southern California beach town, really appeals to me. This stuff looks great on and off the court!”