The highly anticipated new Wilson Blade racquets are here, and now available for pre-sale!
Wilson has built upon the success of the Blade line and re-engineered the racquets to make them more solid and more comfortable than ever. The new versions include Wilson’s Amplifeel technology, a handle system designed to provide a clean, more enhanced feel for the player upon ball contact. In addition, the frame has been re-designed with a new construction, making it more stable on impact and off-center hits.
When Wilson presented these new racquets, we were told these were the best Blades ever. We took them to the court, and sure enough, our playtest team felt these were a huge improvement upon previous generations. The improvements that Wilson set out to make were exactly that – noticeable improvements!
The biggest difference we noticed was in the construction, where the new Blades significantly outplayed the previous ones. The new Blade 93 offers superior comfort, feel and a larger sweetspot compared to the BLX Blade Tour it replaces.
In the 98s, the new Blades are rock solid! The Amplifeel in the handle is an improvement, making them softer and more comfortable, providing a better connection between the ball and the player. Furthermore, we were excited to see the open (16×19) string pattern being offered in the 98 square inch version. We found it to have a much livelier feel than the 18×20 version, offering both more power and spin.
All in all, these new Blades are everything they are hyped up to be. The improvements Wilson set out to make are real, and our whole playtesting team loved hitting the new sticks. Be sure to check out our full written and video reviews by clicking on the review links on the product pages for each new Blade.
Here is some additional info and in-house specs about each racquet in the new Blade line:
Blade 93 (click to see our TW review):
- 93 sq.in head, 18×20 string pattern, 6.5 pts HL, 12 oz strung, 68 stiffness, 333 SW, 21mm beam
- Terrific precision weapon for the advanced player
- Replaces the BLX Blade Tour
Blade 98 16×19 (click to see our TW review):
- 98 sq. in. head, 16×19 string pattern, 1 pt HL, 11.2 oz strung, 66 stiffness, 331 SW, 21.5mm beam
- Open string pattern for added power and spin
- Control for the modern, aggressive game
Blade 98 18×20 (click to see our TW review):
- 98 sq. in head, 18×20 string pattern, 2 pts HL, 11.2 oz strung, 65 stiffness, 328 SW, 21.5mm beam
- Racquet of choice for touring pro Milos Raonic and Gael Monfils
- Replaces the BLX Blade 98
Blade 104 (click to see our TW review):
- 104 sq. in head, 18×19 string pattern, 3.5 pts HL, 10.7 oz strung, 60 stiffness, 308 SW, 22mm beam, 27.5″ extended length
- Racquet of choice for Grand Slam champions Serena and Venus Williams
- Replaces the BLX Blade Team
Thanks for reading!
Powered by Facebook Comments