Here’s a quick shoulder exercise routine that you can do when you take the courts. All you’ll need is a resistance band and something to loop it through, like the net or a chain link fence. I like to do 3 sets of 15 reps of each exercise with each arm.
First, we can start with some of the statistics from Roger Federer‘s illustrious career…
- most Grand Slam titles (17)
- most Grand Slam final appearances (25) and consecutive appearances (10)
- most consecutive Grand Slam SF (23) and QF (36) appearances
- shares the record for most titles at three of the four Grand Slams: Wimbledon (7), US Open (5) and Australian Open (4)
- most weeks ranked as world #1 (302)
- only player to be ranked #1 for 200 consecutive weeks
- ranked as one of the top two players in the world for a record 346 consecutive weeks
- holds the longest ever winning streak on grass (65 matches)
- holds the longest and second-longest ever winning streaks on hard courts (56 matches, 36 matches)
- holds the longest and second-longest ever winning streak against top 10 opponents (26 matches, 17 matches)
- most consecutive finals won (24)
- most consecutive Grand Slam appearances (60)
**records are for male players in the Open era
adidas pays homage to the upcoming Asian ATP Tour swing with a special cosmetic in their flagship shoe with the adidas Shanghai Barricade 8+! The Solar Gold underlay shimmers through the dark Kurim upper, accented by the Solar Blue signature adidas 3-stripe logo on the lateral side. The shoelaces and the outsole even glisten when the light hits them. It’s finished off by a special logo on the tongue that reads “China” in Chinese characters.
It looks fantastic, but how does it perform? The softer Kurim upper of the 8+ offers improved comfort and flexibility over the previous version (the Barricade 8) after a brief break-in period. The signature Barricade midfoot stability claws and Band of Power in the heel lock in the foot for exceptional support. There’s simply no better tennis shoe than the Barricade for stability and durability.
The new adidas Barricade 8+ Shanghai launches Friday, September 12th! Be sure to get your pair from TennisWarehouse.com!